Fiber Optic Technician
Looking for Fiber Optic techs in both of the Portland, ME and Gardiner, ME locations.
As a Fiber Optic Technician, you will be responsible for testing fiber optic cabling, joining optical fibers using a fusion splicer, and attaining a low loss splice through a proficient cleave. You'll need to be able to display and interpret the results for the purpose of analyzing and documenting fiber optic links. In this position you'll be regularly using OTDR, Power Meter, & Light Source equipment to complete your work. This position will have travel required extensively in and out-of-state. You will also be working outside in various weather conditions. Overtime will be required.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Have a 2-year college degree or 2-4 years of related experience preferred
- Be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise
- Be able to stand, walk, and work on uneven ground for the full workday
- Maintain knowledge of technological changes through continuing education, training, and trade articles
- Knowledge of Anritsu (OTDR) and Fujikura (Fusion Splicer) equipment preferred
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record required
- CDL (Commercial Driver's License) desirable but not required
- Lift heavy materials and equipment up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer an array of benefits that include:
- 100% Paid Training - You'll have ongoing training throughout your career with us.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
FiberOptic Resale Corp.
Technician Fiber Splicers
Looking for a part time or full time technician to help my Lab Director. Duties include: Cleaning,calibration,repair of fusion splicers. QA of new incoming products.Manage product flow:RMA/services splicers. Will train right person.